White Mountain Motorsports Park Releases ’23 Schedule For 31st Season Of Racing
Story By: CALE KING / WHITE MOUNTAIN MOTORSPORTS PARK – NORTH WOODSTOCK, NH – Officials are ready to announce the 2023 Schedule of Events for White Mountain Motorsports Park.
The venerable northern New Hampshire bullring is set for a 17-event schedule in 2023 that continues White Mountain’s longstanding position as a touring series mecca and renews commitment to weekly racing through a redefined balance between touring series and the weekly warriors that bring Thunder to the White Mountains.
The annual White Mountain Motorsports Park Car Show kick-starts the 2023 season on Saturday, May 13th as racers show off their touched-up rides before getting some much-needed seat time after the long winter ahead. The 31st season gets its start on Saturday, May 20th with all six weekly divisions being joined by the first of three visits from the Maine-based Pro All Stars Series (PASS) Super Late Models.
Memorial Day weekend brings the return of the Spring Board 100 for the Foley Oil & Propane Late Models as they fight in round number one of the Wall’s Ford Platinum Series. After being stolen in a hat trick by N. Dartmouth, Massachusetts-native Derek Gluchacki, the White Mountain faithful will certainly look to keep the triple crown title at home in 2023. The Wall’s Ford Platinum Series will continue as the tune-up to the Milton CAT Midsummer Classic 250 on July 29th before wrapping up on September 9th alongside the R&R Race Parts NH Street Stock Open.
The Flying Tiger Triple Crown Series returns for the Wells River Chevrolet Flying Tigers to start the month of June. After the June 3rd start, the Triple Crown series will return on July 1st as part of the Fourth of July festivities that include a huge Northstar Fireworks display before crowning the champion on August 19th alongside the Maine-based Wicked Good Vintage Racing Association.
Saturday, June 10th showcases an all new $1,500-to-Win event for the Foley Oil & Propane Late Models before June 17th brings a triple-header of touring types. The New England Antique Racers (NEAR) will join the NELCAR Legends and Bandoleros to complete a seven division line-up along with the weekly championship Late Models, Flying Tigers, Strictly Stock Minis and the Dads 4 By Tool & Supply Kids Division.
Speaking of Strictly Minis, the Woodsville Guaranty Savings Bank Strictly Stock Mini Special returns on June 24th. The annual extra-distance event for the White Mountain four-cylinders has become one of the most exciting races of the summer season with 2023 ready to prove it once again.
Midseason Championships will follow the Fourth of July celebration on July 8th with Double Points on the line for all five point-counting divisions including the Ammonoosuc Asphalt Mini Late Models and Wayne’s Market Dwarf Cars. The Friday Special on July 14th will serve as the first off-weekend for the White Mountain locals as the PASS Super Late Models, PASS Modifieds and New England Supermodified Series invade the track during New Hampshire NASCAR weekend.
July 22nd is headlined by the Ammonoosuc Asphalt Mini Late Model Special paying $1,000 to the winner of the high-speed four-cylinder group along with a regular line-up of weekly racing.
August 5th brings back the $10,000-to-Win Milton CAT Midsummer Classic 250 for the sixth consecutive season. The headlining 250 lap spectacular for the American-Canadian Tour will also feature weekly championship action for the Wells River Chevrolet Flying Tigers, Woodsville Guaranty Savings Bank Strictly Stock Minis and the Dad’s 4 By Tool & Supply Kids Division.
After another off week for the weekly warriors, Thunder in the Mountains returns on Saturday, August 19th with the Flying Tiger Triple Crown Series Championship and the Wicked Good Vintage Racing Association. White Mountain will once again fall silent on August 26th for Oxford 250 weekend.
September brings a stacked four weeks of four fantastic line-ups. It all starts on Saturday, September 2nd with the Late Model Leaf Peepers 100 all presented by Foley Oil & Propane. The NELCAR Legends will also be back in town along with the Flying Tigers, Strictly Stock Minis and Kids Division.
September 9th plays host to the R&R Race Parts NH Street Stock Open 100 worth $5,000 to the winner with another strong field of Street Stock teams from across New England expected to make their annual trip to White Mountain. The 9th will also showcase the exciting championship round for the Wall’s Ford Platinum Late Model series.
The American-Canadian Tour returns on September 16th for the 45th Fall Foliage 200. After a successful reshuffled event in 2022, the PASS Super Late Models and PASS Modifieds will again join the iconic ACT Tour event along with the Wells River Chevrolet Flying Tigers.
White Mountain Motorsports Park will wrap up it’s 31st season in a big way on September 23rd with all five point-counting divisions crowning their respective champions. “We took notes on last year’s expansive schedule and decided to make a few tweaks with the weekly racer in mind,” said White Mountain managing partner Cris Michaud. “We feel this schedule allows everyone the opportunity to get in some of the best side-by-side racing in New England while allowing for an occasional off week to enjoy the summer.”
With the 2023 White Mountain Motorsports Park schedule released, 2023 forms and paperwork have also been posted online for teams to prepare for the upcoming year. Sponsorship opportunities are readily available for those wishing to join the White Mountain and American-Canadian Tour family. Interested parties can contact Marketing Director Marvin Galarneau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 White Mountain Motorsports Park Schedule of Events
# DAY DATE TIME EVENT
- — Sat May 13 10:00pm White Mountain Car Show & Open Practice
- 1 Sat May 20 6:00pm 31st Season Opener with the Pro All Stars Series
- 2 Sat May 27 6:00pm Spring Board 100 – Race #1 of the Wall’s Ford Platinum LM Series
- 3 Sat Jun 3 6:00pm Regular Event plus Flying Tiger Triple Crown Series #1
- 4 Sat Jun 10 6:00pm Regular Event plus $1,500-to-Win Late Model Event
- 5 Sat Jun 17 6:00pm Regular Event plus NEAR and NELCAR Legends & Bandoleros
- 6 Sat June 24 6:00pm Woodsville Guaranty Savings Bank Strictly Stock Mini Special
- 7 Sat Jul 1 6:00pm Flying Tiger Triple Crown Series #2 – Northstar Fireworks Show
- 8 Sat Jul 8 6:00pm Midseason Championships – Double Points
- 9 Fri Jul 14 7:00pm PASS Super Late Model 150, PASS Mods & NE Supermodifieds
- 10 Sat Jul 22 6:00pm Regular Event plus Mini Late Model Special $1,000-to-Win
- 11 Sat Jul 29 6:00pm Race #2 of the Wall’s Ford Platinum LM Series
- 12 Sat Aug 5 5:30pm ACT Milton CAT Midsummer Classic 250 – $10,000-to-win
- 13 Sat Aug 19 6:00pm Flying Tiger Triple Crown Championship plus Wicked Good Vintage
- — Sat Aug 26 Track Closed for Oxford 250 Weekend
- 14 Sat Sep 2 6:00pm Leaf Peepers 100 + NELCAR Legends pres. by Foley Oil & Propane
- 15 Sat Sep 9 6:00pm R&R Race Parts NH Street Stock Open 100 – $5,000-to-Win plus Race #3 of the Wall’s Ford Platinum LM Series
- 16 Sat Sep 16 6:00pm ACT Fall Foliage 200 plus PASS Super Late Model 150 – PASS Mods – Flying Tigers
- 17 Sat Sep 23 5:00pm Championship Night for All Divisions
– Schedule Subject to Change –